I want to be inspired by beer again. Any tips on how to get my mojo back?— Carla Jean (@beerbabe) August 30, 2021
My first thought was: Keep drinking it. But there are better thoughts on the subject.
Here is the best of Beer Twitter’s advice:
This is a great place to start. We talk about it on the Perfect Pour; reset your palate.
I occasionally buy a 12-pack of an old favorite, Sierra Nevada Pale, and that usually makes things all freakin’ right.
Can’t go wrong supporting good people making good things.
That one falls under the resetting your palate umbrella and I’m for it.
Get your beers cold and watch some videos may be all ya need.
I will NOT endorse the wine tactic but I do endorse taking a break from beer if things are getting that bad. I probably should do this but simply don’t want to.
Oh HELL yes! 👏 Finding some hidden gem of a brewery in a new city. That will pump ya back up.
Yes yes yes 🧀. Which reminds me, I really want to put some charcuterie boards together themed for beer pairing and have a party and shit. We should ALL do this.
Nope nope nope. We done here. Chris, we are trying to fall BACK in love with beer, not block it from our feed.
How To Fall In Love With Beer Again [a recap]:
- Drink some of your old favorite beers. Spend some time doing it.
- Reset your palate. Drink stuff you never would normally drink. Weird styles. Even drink BAD beer.
- Enjoy the good people around beer. Don’t overthink what you are drinking.
- Watch other people enjoying beer. Brew some beer on your own.
- Take a break. Simply don’t drink a damn thing for a while.
- Focus on having the right beer with your food and go down a charcuterie cutting board hole.
If you have your own thoughts or advice on this, please leave it in the comments. And if you like pickles and olives on your charcuterie board, I think I’m falling in love with you.
Now let’s look at this board and think about the beers we want to have with it: